Roles and Duties of N.C.T.P
The N.C.T.P has the following roles and duties:
– Raising awareness and disseminating information related to the mutual recognition arrangement of ASEAN tourism professionals and the job announcement on the ASEAN tourism professional registration system.
– Examining, monitoring and updating the competency standard, professional standard, common training programs and other regulations which will be basically used for training and assessing the qualification and capacity of ASEAN tourism professionals in compliance with tourism professions commonly recognized within the framework of ASEAN which is the Sub-Decree’s appendix.
– Assessing the qualification and competency of tourism professionals as defined in the ASEAN’s common competency standard for tourism professionals, and the ASEAN’s common curriculum for tourism professionals.
– Examining and monitoring tourism professionals’ performances after receiving tourism professional competency certification from the National Training Board.
– Facilitating the information exchange related to the procedures of assessing criteria and disseminating system on the mutual recognition arrangement of ASEAN tourism professionals.
– Giving information to the ASEAN’s monitoring committee for tourism professionals; in case the ASEAN’s tourism professionals performing their careers in the Kingdom of Cambodia have no more qualifications for providing their services or in case the tourism professionals broke the professionally technical standards or the professional conduct.
– Making a request to the National Training Board to confiscate the accreditation from any tourism professionals having no longer qualifications for providing their services or any tourism professionals breaking the professionally technical standards or the professional conduct.
– Setting up and strengthening working efficiency and the necessary mechanism to facilitate the implementation of the mutual recognition arrangement of the ASEAN’s tourism professionals.
– Cooperating with Ministries, institutions, the private sector and relevant stakeholders to facilitate the above works more efficiently.
– Performing other works as assigned by the Royal Government.